XM Radio - Add-on for ES350?

I recently learned that the XM Radio option on the 2007 ES350 is an "add-on" mounted on the trunk deck. It is black (doesn't match the vehicle color) and resembles a computer mouse. A short wire is visible leading into the trunk. This is not a problem on the IS or LS models. Any reason why Lexus "forgot" about this option on the newly redesigned ES and compounded the error by making it so unattractive? Thanks.

Alan

Reply to
AlanW

I suspect that you know this, but the radio is mounted inside the car, and just the antenna is mounted on the deck. If the antenna is mounted close to the leading edge of the deck, then the wire will be barely visible.

Reply to
Ray O

Oy! get 'em to stick the ant. under package tray. Invisible, but slightly poorer reception.

Reply to
Nulket

You could have the antenna pod painted at a body shop to match your car paint. But you're right, it is surprising that there isn't a "factory" type of option that is designed into the car. Even if they have to have two different option packages, for XM and Sirius. Doesn't seem that it would be that tough to include an option for each.

Reply to
Steve Larson

I have a Sirius Sportster which I use both at my office and in the family van on trips. Through a little creative wiring I have the auto antenna mounted on the dash about 3 inches back from where the windshield meets the dash. I can honestly say that I've only had one loss of signal during a number of trips and that was during a heavy thunderstorm.

Mounting the antenna on the dash or on the package tray should serve you well.

------------------------------------------------------------- The email address associated with this messages is a SPAM trap that is automatically deleted before downloaded to my PC.

Reply to
Garry Owen