Squeaking

97 CRV 127000...just took a trip today and started hearing a squeaking coming from the front of the vehicle...I was at the drive thru and when I turned the wheel in either direction, I could hear the
squeaking...Later stopped for fuel and checked upper lower ball joints seals cv boots tie rod end rubber and all seemed clean and was not cracked or broken...pushing up and down on the hood revealed squeaking, but there was only 1 bounce back...turned the wheel with car on and still heard the squeaking...my thought was maybe the shock/ strut bushing? Any ideas would greatly be appreciated...I looked on autozones site and it said coil spring sway bar bushing or steering stabilizer bracket.

You most likely have a seizing lower balljoint. Get it looked at immediately!
See here for some fun stories of balljoint failure: <http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/lowerballjoint/index.html
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Could it also be the stabilizer bar bushings?
--
Chuck

/Extremely/ unlikely, unless you have aftermarket urethane bushings in there.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:22:36 -0800, "Charles"

Sure could. If it is your balljoint it is probably dry that is all. Get a can of fluid film and make a pin hole in the rubber and spray. Voila squeak gone and balljoint is lubricated. The integrity of the balljoint is not damaged when it is dry.

Extremely rare with OEM bushings. Common with aftermarket.

A dry balljoint places /enormous/ stress on the threaded post. That's why it will eventually snap, as my posted web page abundantly shows.
OP should NOT allow this to continue any longer, but should get this looked at.
The procedure is simple: pop the balljoint taper, lever the lower control arm out of the way, then wiggle the balljoint post by hand. Takes five minutes once the car is raised, and any stickiness will be /very/ obvious.