SRS light stays on

I have a 1996 Honda Accord EXI auto. Recently after start up the SRS warning light stayed on. I had this checked by a local auto electrician who read and cleared the code. He stated that "
increased resistance in passengers air bag" was the fault but did not give me the alpha numeric code.The next time I started the car, the light came on again. Is it possible that there are several scenarios to the error code ?. Is this a serious situation and/or major repair ?. Local advise seems to be " if the light bothers you, remove the bulb". I do not carry passengers in this vehicle. Thanks for any help. Don.H.
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 13:55:02 +1000, "Don.& Norma Hawksworth"

Had that problem with my Civic some time back. I seem to remember the problem was diagnosed as a fault in a 'wheel sensor'.

He said SRS, not ABS.

That's really too bad, because the code is the only thing that matters. Text descriptions are often not quite accurate.

Yes. Very much so.

Likely to be expensive, but that depends on the code. The system is shut down right now, so your car is now exactly as though it was a pre-'88 Accord, with no "supplemental restraint system". You can remove the SRS fuses to turn the light off if you wish.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Take this for what it's worth, but when the SRS light in my 2000 Accord came on and stayed on, it turned out to be a problem with the seat belt latch. The dealer fixed it at no charge, under the lifetime seat belt warranty.
Paul