will my 86 hatchback civic cv joints fit my 85 hatchback

i have a a 1985 hatchback civic 1.5 manual and i would like to put the cv joints from my 1986 1.5 auto into the 85? ...
if any1 knows if this is possible could you please let me know
also the size of the nut on the end of the cv joint ?
thank ..matt
badciv4/22/08 3:221112830 snipped-for-privacy@0000.com

Learn how to use parts diagrams on Honda dealers web site. If the part number is the same for the two cars then it is probably the same part. If the number is different you will probably have a problem. This is the easiest web site I have found to use. Punch in the year of the car in two separate passes and record the part number for the driveshaft. http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp
If you want to know the size of the nut on the axle then you will need to peek at the same parts list to find that it is 22 mm for the 1985 3 dr. More details may be had from the service manual.
--
Pickleman
snipped-for-privacy@roadyourpantsrunner.com
badciv wrote:

don't know about those model years, but they're interchangeable on the 88-91, and then 92-2000 civics. so my guess would be "yes".

drive to sears and buy a 32mm socket. try it in the parking lot. if it doesn't fit, take it back and keep trying until you find the one that does.