Changing from Centigrade to Farenhiet

My sister picked up her new 2005 Sonata tonight. Both the Climate control and the ambient temperature readouts are in Centigrade. Anyone know how to change this to Fahrenheit?

Amazingly, the owners manual was not with the car. They promised it to her by Friday, but I figured someone here might know to change this.

TIA, Jon

Reply to
zeppo

This should help:

Paul Frankfurter

double the Celcius temp and add 30. not exact, but close enough..

Reply to
Pete

What he's asking for is directions for changing the display in the car, not a conversion formula.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Press and hold the "Temp Down" button and the "Ambient" button for about 5 seconds.

Reply to
Jason

Thanks Jason, That's exactly what I was looking for.

Regards, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

But, on re-reading my original message, not what I asked for.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

sounds like a good opportunity to learn some of the metric system to me ... leave it celcius and learn what temps are comfortable and help the USA get out of the stone age (only country that still use the english system in the world besides like lithuinia)

zeppo wrote:

Reply to
LameBMX

err... the UK still uses it. Ireland still uses it to an extent. I?m sure there are others. Lithuania certainly does not. Nor does lithuinia :P

But yeah, I agree. Stick with celsius, zeppo, and learn it. It?s so much more useful than farenheit.

Reply to
Balfa