x300 stereo (uk)

Can anyone tell me if the stereo in a jaguar x300 is a standard size and therfor easily replaced with a better on? I'm referring to the physical size and shape of the unit and fascia, I expect some kind of adapter may be required for the wiring.

The car I'm intending to buy only has a casette player (though it is 'cd compatible' which I assume means I have to buy a cd stack thingy toput in the boot) and I'd rather fit something in place of it that'll play cd's.

PS, while we are on the subject of audio, how good are the speakers/audio system? should I assume they are good inline with the general quality of the car or is it a weak area?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

Hi Mark, not standard size!! but you can get a facia adaptor to fit a single DIN upfront - speakers are excellent, tonal quality and balance are superb, not the loudest however but adequate in the volume department. I would personally leave the Jag head unit in and fit a CD stack in the top of the boot a la Jag.You will need to spend £400 + to get similar sound

Try these for the CD changer - if the lead is in the boot ( top of the lid) then just plug in and go !! good luck

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

I had a look on ebay but didn't see any cd changers, looks like they could be hard to find, I'm tempted to slot-in a £200ish cd player, could always revert back to the jag one later.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

I would suggest you get the Jag changer for the boot.

They regularly appear on e-bay and go for between £50 & £100.

There are a few currently on there, search for 'Jaguar CD Changer'

Regards Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Higdon

I see them for the x-type, the xj8 and the s type. would any of them fit? is it a standard jaguar connection?

Looking at the car on monday and will bring it home if I'm happy, will see what the state of play is then.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP