XJ6 V8 4litre lighting problem

My mate has just purchased a jag as above and all but one headlamp bulb (ft offside) are out although lower fog lights are working at the front. tail lights are also not working.Brake lights are Ok. I suspect a earthing fault but knoe=w not where to look. Any ideas gratfully received?

-- Message posted using

information at

markmyword

Hello,

It seems to me that there are four lighting computers on our xj6's. One mounted on each side of the radiator and two in the trunk. After checking for good earth I would look for output from the light switch to these modules. Come to think of it, perhaps you should remove your light switch assembly before checking your modules; there are several diodes in the light switch that go bad and could cause inoperative lights.

Another thing... does your alarm system operate?

Cheers, Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson