1996 Cherokee cigarette lighter fuse.

I managed to kill the cigarette lighter socket using an inverter, but can't find out where the fuse is, or if there even is one. There isn't one listed in the handbook, but the Haynes manual shows one in the wiring diagram, but no details on where it is. I've checked all the fuses in the engine compartment & under the dash, & they're all fine.

Google isn't being my friend, other than a few hits for people asking the same question, but no answers. So does anyone know for certain if there is a fuse, & if so, where it is? It's a RHD 4.0L Limited if that makes any difference.

TIA

Reply to
Preston Kemp

Well if say the wiring's gone open, you might consider doing what I did in the boat ... I bought a socket/15A fuse and installed it where it was convenient for use with the inverter.

Reply to
bowgus

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks, I'll check that.

Reply to
Preston Kemp

Unfortunately the stereo went AWOL at the same time, so presumably it's on the same feed. I'll change them both to a different feed if there's not an easy solution like a fuse or relay.

Reply to
Preston Kemp

I believe they used an inline fuse under the dash for lots of the lighter sockets. Sounds like someone took the power for the stereo from it too.

Mike

Mike Romain