2001 TJ Original Engine identification???

I am wondering if there is anyway to tell if the 4.0 engine in this TJ I'm interested in buying is original. Numbers, VIN, plate? I think it is, but when I was it...I couldn't believe how clean it was. It almost looked new. Had only 40k on it, but I just want to be sure...Also had it run through carfax by the Dealer I am buying it from, and it came up only 1 owner/squeaky clean. Anyone have any ideas how to be sure?

Reply to
Wood

Approximately 11/10/03 16:44, Wood uttered for posterity:

See if your state's DMV has an online query for VIN. e.g. to show the license number or smog check status.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

My 99 engine looks like new - I keep it that way so I can spot any leaks. It's a major pain to clean it after a mud bath ..

Dave Milne Scotland.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Not much help here, but I just bought a clean-engine '01 TJ with only

23,000 KMs so it is possible. (Not sure what the current exchange rate is on Miles :)

-- Wry-mouth

Reply to
Wry-mouth