97 Jeep Cherokee freak error

Hi, I have a problem with a 97 inline 6cyl Jeep Cherokee sport: the check engine light came on and the code with it is PO123 "TPS input circuit A high ". So I replaced the TPS: no change. I measured all voltages: seems fine. I replaced the engine control unit: no change. I exchange the throttle body with all sensors (I stripped a thread when I first tried to take the TPS off): no change. It is not a fake error because the performance is really bad. The car stalls when you aproach a stop sign, the idle goes down to 300rev when I get of the throttle. And when I first start the car I need 3 times to start it. I also checked the wires to the ECU and they seem fine. Any thoughts if I am mislead by the error message of the OBD? Thanks in advance

Jo

Reply to
<reigelser

Crank Position Sensor?? I wouldn't say throw money at the problem until your sure of the required part.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

A google search for "PO123 TPS" revealed the following link:

Thought it might help..?

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for the input. Once I fix it I'll let you know.

Jo

Reply to
<reigelser

Reply to