anyone using Omix or Crown stainless hardware? Opinions?

I've read Kentrol is alright but Kentrol seems pricey compared to Crown and Omix-ada. I'm not concerned with finish (I'll be blasting the hardware to a dull brushed look). Are there ANY stainless brands out there that are as strong/thick as stock hinges? I've heard Omix mentioned as a good brand here.

Kentrol hood hinges for example are 38 bucks

to 26.99 for Omix or Crown at:

Simon Juncal

Isn't kentrol just steelhorse in disquise? Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Simon Juncal vomitted:

I actually ordered Kentrol stainless hinges for my tailgate and was shipped Omix-ada instead. The hinges seem to be fairly well made. The only problem I had was getting the old torx bolts out of the factory ones to install them.

Reply to
Big Daddy

I am happy with the quality of the kentrol door hinges, however I purchased the gas filler protector & found that while installing it the screws bottomed out as if the outer rim was thinner than the unthreaded part of the screw (just below the head). I called Kentrol & actually was connected to the engineer that designed it. I mentioned that either that rim should be a little thicker or maybe a round shim or gasket should be supplied with the unit. He said "hmmm, no one else has complained about that & sent me some washers. I was very impressed that I was connected with the engineer, but extremely unimpressed with the "chinsey" unprofessional solution to the problem. I also purchased the "Footman's Loop" & spoke with the same engineer after the rubber grommets deformed during installation - this time he told me to go buy some washers. I realize that sometimes, things don't just bolt on - but I would think that it is not unreasonable to expect a better fit for the price that is charged for an item that is supposed to be specifically made for a specific model. I also realize the importance of "tact" during such conversations. I used a friendly, "please help" tone, & I therefore, don't believe that I pissed him off or caused him to be defensive. He apparently just wasn't that interested.

Reply to
Carlo Jr.