The satisfaction of using old misc hardware

Just did a small home project yesterday that required 4 small screws with a large enough head to cover the hole in the parts being held together.

In my trusty can of old nuts, bolts, and screws I found 3 recently interned ones that were exactly right. Had to search for the elusive

4th one but found it - a nice one with well worn red paint on it that I took off of a 64 Chevy 1/2 ton I scraped out 30 years ago. It's a sweet feeling to finally make good use of a nice old piece of hardware like that and it brought back some good memories.

I wonder if I get too attached to little things....

Reply to
AZGuy

Hey thanks for a neat story.

Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR

. .

. . The satisfaction of using old misc hardware Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Thu, Oct 30, 2003, 9:44pm (CST-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (AZGuy)

Just did a small home project yesterday that required 4 small screws with a large enough head to cover the hole in the parts being held together.

In my trusty can of old nuts, bolts, and screws I found 3 recently interned ones that were exactly right.

Had to search for the elusive 4th one

but found it -

a nice one with well worn red paint on it that I took off of a 64 Chevy

1/2 ton I scraped out 30 years ago. It's a sweet feeling to finally make good use of a nice old piece of hardware like that and it brought back some good memories. I wonder if I get too attached to little things....

========== ==========

Zero investment......wow what a return on your dividend.

stay attached.....

nothing wrong with being "thrifty"........ and like you said, every once in a while grabbing a little something from the "might needed it one day" bin.....can bring back some fond memories.

marsh monster ~can't get in his shed....time for organizing~ ====== ======

Reply to
Marsh Monster

"might need it bin"?

Ours is a "might need it house" Might need that truck tomorrow...only got one today... lol

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey