ASC sunroof on '91' XJ?

Thanks to DougW I finally resolved my issue between my sunroof and pwr. antenna (which were both tapped from the same fuse on the fuse panel). I tracked down the pwr. antenna relay (which is below the glove box, on the passenger side and behind the dash panel there and disconnected the leads leading to the pwr. antenna.

Anyway, now that my sunroof works again but it needs two things:

i. needs to be lubricated. Would high temp brake grease work for this application (I have lots of high temp brake grease)? ii. it needs the weatherstripping replaced. Can I do this myself if I can find a source for it? What kind of cement/bonding agent would I want to use for this?

Thanks in advance!

Doug2

Doug, you may want to consider the white lithium grease. Superior performance in cold weather, doesn't run at high temps, and is just plain old cleaner to have around where you can get against it. I see it commonly on door latches, window crank/regulators, etc.

Reply to
Will Honea

Second that. Lithium grease. sparingly and clean out the collected dirt/hair/dust/stuff.

As for the weatherstripping and parts

howto
I've never had a car with a sunroof. To me it's just another thing that can leak. :)

Reply to
DougW