How to remove A/C lines at evaporator canister?

OK, so I'm pulling the heater box out to clean out all the junk.

I've got everything out except the A/C lines, just above the evaporator canister, next to the heater core hoses. These had spring clips on them which I removed. The hoses turn freely, but I can't pull them apart. Any ideas?

(And yes, the system has been purged.)

Thanks!

-John

Reply to
John

Never done this but, have you tried WD40?

Reply to
nrs

Buy or make a removal tool for the garter spring connectors.

Richard J Kinch

Thanks Richard - I was reading a *very* comprehensive post you put together a while back and found this out before I saw your reply. Very helpful stuff there! I really appreciate it!

-John

Reply to
John

They take a little plastic tool that sides inside the connection to open the release spring:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III