In the market for new meats.

Well, the ol ZJ looks like it is gonna need some new rubber this year. The tires on it now, Michelin LTX M/S (P225-75R15) have lasted well. My driving style is agressive so the outside edge tend to wear smooth, even with rotating the wheels.

The ones I had prior were Pirelli Scorpion II P215-75R15 and while they did real well on dry pavement and even snow, they sucked royally on standing water. Then again they are a 1/3 tire (mud, highway, slick) so go figure. :)

Shopping for a 225 or maby 235 in a good highway/mix tread style. (mostly the ZJ is on pavement with gravel and dirt making up most of it's "off road" trips. Even thinking of stepping up the rim size to

16-18" to improve cornering while still keeping clearance.

Then again it may be time to up the suspension, put on some larger rims, and tuck 30's. :) I dunno. While that would be fun it's also not very useful for the limited off-roading I do these days. Then again that's new R&P in the ever so beefy D35c.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
DougW

BFG TA/KO KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Yo! Doze spinner be DA BOMB!

.. or something like that ..

Some folks see spinners, I see unsprung weight. :)

Reply to
DougW

Bill, is that a 6x6 ?

"DougW" a écrit dans le message de news: GPTId.4980$8Q.2113@okepread06...

Reply to
Patrick

Patrick did pass the time by typing:

Jeep Grand Photoshop.

^_^

DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I put Michilen XCX/APT on the the Wrangler and it made a noticable difference - I can get much farther from help before getting stuck. I am seriously considering the Brigestone Dueler Revo for my wife's Liberty. If you are not hauling youth groups in the ZJ then look at the ProComp 31's.

Reply to
jcwelch

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

yeah, the tires dont give up nearly as easily as their country of origin. Oh well, our economy benefits from the sale of those tires. Its not like we dont get anything out of the deal. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Hehe, Classic. Just like old times. I love you guys. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

22's my man... 22's. dubs+2 lol.

my vote on the at/ko's also.... very friendly all around tire.. or, if you want a mostly street tire thats good in the rain, my brother has had good luck with the futura adventurer - not as aggressive as the at/ko but better in the rain on the streets. still got him where he needed to go in snow or dirt - but again he does't offroad save for camping trails...

-Steve, former 98 TJ

Reply to
Goat Crapp