Need used rear bumper for Jeep cherokee in Chicago??

Anyone know a good used auto parts place for me to get a black rear bumper for a 2002 Grand Cherokee. Also how difficult is it to put on/remove do I need any special tools?

Thanks in advance all

Hp

Reply to
Harry Palmer

Locations, dunno. I usually go OEM from buymopar.com or chryslerpartsdirect.com

The usual shipping is grey plastic that has to be primed/painted. Some repair places can fix cuts. Dents can be pushed out and whitemarks can be erased by careful use of a heat gun.

Behind that bumper is a foam block and steel nerfs that crush on impact so check to make sure you have all you need.

There are two plastic rails. One on each side. Those are a hard plastic and can crack.

As for tools it's mostly held on by plastic pops. Getting those out usually requires a screwdriver or needle nose pliers. New pops are expensive but if your careful most can be reused. The local hardware store will have mollybolts or similar that will work as replacements.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks Doug this was a great help. It was great of you to include helpful tips, I had never heard of mollybolts before. Hp

Reply to
Harry Palmer

What size mollys?

Reply to
billy ray

don't know yet haven't looked. I'm going to try to get the pops out smoothly.

Reply to
Harry Palmer