jeep cherokee rear seals

My axle seals are leaking and I'm having trouble removing the 8mm locking pin in the rear differential. By what I've been told this pin must be removed to get to the axle clips, which will then release the axles so I can get to the seals. I've cracked 2 sockets trying to remove this locking pin. Is this pin reverse thread? Any help will be appreiciated. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
crabmaster1

Thanks,

Reply to
billhughes

It'll be a normal right hand thread. Buy only Craftsmen, Snap-On, S&K, anything else will just skin your knuckles and ruin parts. God Bless America, =DFill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

billhughes

Bill, Thanks for the info. After buggaring up the bolt I went to Sears and bought their bolt remover. It is like an easy out that grabs the head of the bolt, worked Great! Bob Villa was RIGHT!! Mike

Reply to
crabmaster1