Replacement windshield frame

The time has come for me to replace my windshield frame on my YJ due to rot. I am looking for a replacement of greater or equal quality to the oem. I have heard that some people have fitment issuses with the frame to the tub or the frame and windshield. I guess what I am looking for is a replacement that is the same guage or greater than oem and will fit. Any help on where I can get this would be greatly appreciated.

Brand Howard

Brand Howard

I'm not sure what some of the mail order hoses like 4wd Hdw are selling now. I got one for my CJ5 resto last year and it was quite good. However the fenders they, Quadratrac and Four Wheel Parts are selling are really cheap. If you can stand the cost I'd say go get one from the dealer.

BTW, where did it rot?

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I got an aftermarket one and it is a piece of crap. I don't know the supplier.

The metal is thinner and the stamp for the driver's side windshield wiper arm isn't in the right place or isn't square with the frame. This caused the linkage to jam up which burned out my intermittent wiper module.

I had to fabricate a large thin stainless washer to plate the underside of the hole to hold the arm stable.

Mike

Brand Howard wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain