sail cloth soft tops

Hi all It's time for the new softtop for the 94 and in anticipation of moving from Hawaii I may need to stay warm. Does anyone have any experience with the new sail cloth soft top? Is it worth the extra buck fifty? I have been looking into used hard tops but from a storage standpoint I recall them being a pain. However, the used hard tops are pretty cheap here because tops are not ever required. I appreciate any input you folks have.

Reply to
Big Country

I believe since 2001, TJs have been equipped with the sail cloth soft top as OEM. I still have my original sail cloth top on (I have a 2001 TJ) and it is still fine. It is very quite compared to any others and I would get the same when replacement is needed. Some say it is as quite as a hardtop on, I agree.

Andy

2001 TJ

Reply to
Andy

I just replaced my 97 top with a sailcloth. I like it so far. Quieter than the old one, but I think that is mainly because it doesn't have 2 huge holes in it.

Reply to
Dennis Cox

If you have an old-style soft top, you will probably be AMAZED at how the new sailcloth top sounds. I totally love it. My '99 had the old-style, and the difference with the new one is simply incredible, and well worth every penny, IMHO.

Tirya

-- TDC Inca Jeeper A girl and her Jeep... it's a beautiful thing...

Reply to
Tirya