SmittyBuilt Soft Tops

Does anyone have any experience with the SmittyBuilt soft tops? I'm looking at one for my wrangler and was wondering about the quality, manufacturer warrantee support, etc. Any infor you provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nat Man

Reply to
Nat Man

If you are replacing a top for a Wrangler the only one to use is a Bestop. They are the manufacturer for the OEM top as well.

Larry

Reply to
extremetjs

Yeah, they are the old Steel Horse tops. They were bought by Smittybuilt. Stay away from anything that used to be built by Steel Horse. It's complete crap.

Reply to
Ruel Smith

Are they? Are you possitive? The quality isn't quite OEM, though it's close enough for the price. I bought a factory spare cover with the Jeep logo from a dealer and it had a tag that said Kustomfit or something like that. I thought maybe that was the possible top OEM supplier. Of course, that's 11 years ago and things change.

Reply to
Ruel Smith

I am not too sure about the YJ's but I know that Bestop manufactures the tops for the TJ's and is the very best fit....... I have personally replaced 30+ tops for friends in the last year.

Larry

Reply to
extremetjs

You either have a lot of friends, or they are just really hard on tops :-)

Dave Milne

Reply to
Jerry Bransford