Sedona Tires

I'm just over 21K miles on my sedona (KUMHO) tires and they are down to the bars already indicating need for replacement. The tire size calls for P215

70 R15 97H. I cannot find that tire around here in a "H" speed rating. How critical is it to put an H rated tire on the Sedona minivan or is this just a ploy to get you to use OEM tires? I really do not want to go with the KUMHOS again and have to replace tires again so soon.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
FatAntKnee

Depends on how fast you go....

...on my EX I generally travel around 70 - 80 on the freeways. H-rated tires go up to 125 or 130 MPH. That is a lot faster than I drive. :)

Anyway, there are plenty of tires which fit the Sedona that are H rated.

Just looking at tirerack.com, I see Bridgstone, Kumho, Prelli, Goodyear, Michelin and Hankook.

My only experience is with Bridgstone. I had the ATX tires on my Blazer for many years and I have the Portenzas on my Maxima right now. They seem fine.

HTH

Reply to
filesiteguy

I haven't compared the tires or prices mentioned, but I am very pleased with the Hankooks on our 02 EX. 17K and plenty of tread to go. Curious to know what tire rotation scheme was used on the Kumhos. I am guessing it did not include the spare?

Reply to
Robert Henry

"Robert Henry" wrote in news:ghlcc.12651$pM1.9314@lakeread06:

nope, I had my rotated at the dealer. The spare is brand new.

Reply to
FatAntKnee

Well, it occurs to me that you could buy another Kumho, buy two hankooks, and continue the 4 tire rotation. When the Kumhos die again, buy two more Hankooks. Keep the best of the current 4 kumho's as the "spare."

Just a thought. It will also spread out the cost over time. As long as the same model of tire is on the same axle, you shouldn't have any problems.

Reply to
Robert Henry

get 215 70 15 tires heavy duty

Reply to