300tdi throttle not responding Urgent...

Hi all, Slight dilemma, I have this problem on my 96 disco with 300tdi, it has the electronic control, ie sensor at the throttle and a box of tricks on the side of the injection pump. A week or so ago the throttle stopped responding when I was moving it around the yard, but then it just started working again. Been fine since then until today. Got back from 100mile trip (no problems at all), jumped in an hour later to move it and same thing. Engine only responds to throttle if you push it down to the kick-down (its an auto) postion. Any less movement of the throttle is only responded to very slowly ie, if you keep the throttle in one position the engine VERY slowly increases speed.

I really need the disco on Wednesday for a long trip... anyone any ideas?

Thanks alot, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

update,

I think it is / was the engine speed sensor connector (behind the vacuum pump), I jammed the throttle slightly down, then fiddled around with the connector and suddenly the engine sped up, and normal control was resumed. Seems to be OK right now, have to wait and see how it goes.

Any other suggestions would be welcome though!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.