All Change.

Thinking of leting our '97 ES V8 (LPG) go and getting a Disco TD5 manual, what sort of MPG are peeps getting on the manual Solo and towing.

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Used to get about 28-29 solo and about 22-24 towing (down to 19 on a particularly mad run down the M4[1])

[1] Not to incriminate myself or anything, but I kept it at about x mph, where x is a number not recorded in the Highway Code, and it was steady as a rock. That SLS is a marvellous bit of kit.
Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:50:58 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

I tortured the TDi into returning less than 450 miles on a tankful up the M6, running solo... I too was doing X mph.

The TD5s unless driven very light seem to drink the ol' diesel, mind.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:58:23 -0000, "Dr_D" enlightened us thusly:

What sort of money?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Dunno yet Austin, It'll mean I also need to shuffle the Laguna off at a guess..

It is a remarkably tidy motor though... infact you saw it at our first unofficial, here it is all shinney at the end of last year...

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

On or around Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:52:51 -0000, "Dr_D" enlightened us thusly:

don't suppose we can justify it. tempting though to get a more up to date one. The current K-plate one is remarkably tidy though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have to say it looked very nice. I wasn't surprised you didn't want to get it mucky. :-)

Reply to
Rich B

Yeah... and having got my head around it's current market value it seem's it's staying with us alot longer too. I'm itching to get it off the tarmac but those dammed LPG tanks are a PITA, wouldn't want to be see-sawing on them on the crest of Shackles Mount :-)

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Ah, remember it well. :-)

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:29:11 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

thbbththtthttt!

but unless the tanks are very poorly fixed on, they should handle minor grounding. I grounded the side tank I had on the 110 a few times, and it never seemed to cause any trouble.

Reply to
Austin Shackles