Defender 110 for sale

My defender is up for sale on fleabay

David J. Button

On or around Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:36:59 +0100, "David J. Button" enlightened us thusly:

Outer seat mounting? I take it that's the second row one? Front ones are bolt on, unless they changed after mine, admittedly, mine's an earlier one.

which steering component?

IME, there's no point welding on patches the size of 50ps. a 50p-sized hole invariably means more weakness.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

For goodness sake Austin - I have to quote what the MOT fail sheet says - the item numbered 1 relates to rusty sill within prescribed area of a seat belt mounting either 10 or 12 inches whatever.

Similar with the patch needed within 10 or 12" of the steering component - basically a chassis weld - and I never said it wants a patch of 50p coin size - I said thats the area affected - obviously you cut back to good metal before plating!!!!

Why do people always pull people's honest descriptions apart?

David J. Button

Why do some folk top post, so the thread makes f*ck all sense?

Reply to
Nige

Stand on your head to read it Nige, YKIMS. :-))

Oily

Reply to
Oily

because they can.

:-)

On or around Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:11:34 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:08:47 +0100, "David J. Button" enlightened us thusly:

I wasn't pulling it apart, in fact - although if you want to take it like that you can.

You're looking for quite a good price for a fairly-old motor which is an MOT fail. The more info, and the more accurate, the more likely you are to sell it.

As it stands, it sounds like a recipe for problems. The immediate thought from most people will be "if it only needs a few things doing, why hasn't he done them and put it up for sale with a new MOT?"

Also, specifically to a 110 CSW, the comment about the sill makes little sense. The sill, inasmuch as the CSW has one, is bolted on and not structural. Depends which seatbelt, hence my point about front or rear. AFAIK the bottom front mount also bolts on (certainly does on mine). The rear lower mount is on the body frame behind the rear door, IIRC, which is a part prone to corrosion and could well be a welded repair as it's a bugger to replace the whole thing, but it's not a sill in the normal sense of the word.

As for the chassis at the front, a bit more detail about where the corrosion is would be handy.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

OK, thanks for the input Austin

I have not the time and inclination to bugger about getting bits sorted on this vehicle, I have got a replacement.

The MOT tester has "yellow chalked" the bits that are corrosion requiring remedy - so basically I want any interested buyers to have a look before they buy, thats why my location is identified with both my home and mobile numbers on.

I have posted some more pics of the interior on the ebay listing. I don't think I am asking too much but would be open to offers.

David J. Button

No MoT and you want two'n'alf for it? And you "dont think you're asking too much"? Fookin' hell...

Reply to
nully

On or around Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:51:05 GMT, "nully" enlightened us thusly:

TDi LWB wagons are far and away the most sought of the 110s, and overall it doesn't sound too bad.

Mine, for example, has already had a lot of work done and still needs a rear end on the chassis, and will doubtless need a chassis replacement in a year or two. However, for various reasons, I'm keeping it, so not in the market for a replacement.

The high back middle row seats will set you back a few hundred to fit to summat which doesn't have 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

But still.

I certainly wouldn't give anyone £2.5k for an old Landie MOT failure, even if it is a nice spec.

I'd probably give £3k for one with a new MOT though.

Reply to
Pete M

... is the point I was trying to make. If it hasn't failed on anything terrible, do the work, make extra beer tokens. If it *has* failed on anything terrible, its too bloody dear. It doesn't matter how creative the excuse is, any car with a couple of weeks test is pretty much screaming "I'm going to cost you all your appendages to fix".

Reply to
nully

There is no creative excuse - I dont need the vehicle any more and I have already been offered £2k for it.

What I want is someone to come and take a ride - haggle with me - and drive it away at a price that is somewhere between the BIN price and the start price.

I have 3 colway tyres brand new, two shockers, and a high lift jack to go as well after a bit more barter. As Austin says, these wagons are the most sought after.

My ph>

Reply to
news.btinternet.com

Ebay took my listing off for me putting in that I would take offers on the tyres and a couple of other bits so its relisted at

and the BIN price reduced as a result of feedback on this group.

Reply to
David J. Button

On or around Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:34:11 +0100, "David J. Button" enlightened us thusly:

eBay are bastards for that kind of thing, and not always useful when things go pear-shaped.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Derek

Hi all, the Defender is now sold, got what I wanted for it.

I now have some defender bits for sale:-

1x WaterPump Defender 200tdi £20 2x Boge Shock Absorbers rear £30 the pair 3x Colway Mud Tyres 235 x 85 x16 £95 for the 3 (will not split) 1x 4ft Farm jack - like new condiion. £30

You either collect from me at Stainforth Doncaster, or pay postage at cost.

Next week, any remains go on ebay.

Phone me on 01302 350770

David

Reply to