33" tyres on defender 110

Good day all, first time posting in this group, does anyone have any experience fitting 33" tyres to Defender 110?

I have a heavy duty OME suspension, probably about 3" lift - would I need to do any modifications to use these tyres do I need to consider any other size, maybe 265 x 75 x 16?

Regards

Markham

Reply to
markham

265/75x16 are 31.65 inches in diameter so not a huge ammount of height difference really. 34" tyres fit a stock defender and don't foul the arches on extreme articulation so I'm told, any bigger though is a risk on a srandard vehicle. With your 3" lift upto 36" should be well within limits but they'd have to be reasonably narrow to be effective offroad. You will probably need to adjust the lock stops a bit reducing your turning circle but 33" should fit without any problems at all.

Hope this helps, Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall

On or around Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:47:23 +0200, snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.za enlightened us thusly:

should fit easily if you've lifted it. 31" fit no problem on a standard one. It might make yer speedo inaccurate.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've squeezed 36 x 12.50 Simex under my 90, its got the mandatory 2" lift and the only other mod was to trim the corners off the eyebrows - on articulation she would spit them off..... Big is beautiful!

Lee

0123456789112345678921234567893123456789412345678951234567896123456789712345
Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

On or around Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:55:12 +0000 (UTC), "LEE ARGYLE" enlightened us thusly:

mind, for normal off-roadint I'd reckon 12.5 a bit wide for a 90. be good in very soft going though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Aye - with that width on a 90 it should float on water. . . . . ;-)

Reply to
Exit

Soft, hard, up or down -awesome boots (and they look good!)

Lee

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

A chap at my local LR place has a 90 on 36" Simex but IIRC he has lifted it

3" or 4" but still had to do a bit of trimming. It's snowballed now though and he's ended up changing props, fitting QT hockey sticks etc, etc - probably more due to the lift than the tyres!
Reply to
Exit

How about posting a little pic of your landy with its big wheels?

Reply to
Wolverine

Shouldn't be a major problem...

I ( and many friends ) run 255/85x16 Mud Terrains which are about 33" on our 90/110s with no more than a 1" lift. At various locks and angles they just touch the body / radius arms but nothing that can't be lived with.

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA 4x4

On or around Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:38:05 +0100, "David_LLAMA 4x4" enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, 255 being as it is about 10" they're not ridiculously wide.

mind, if 205 is the right width for a 90, then by rights a 110 which is at least 50% heavier should have 50% wider tyres... which would be about 12".

Reply to
Austin Shackles