Difficult to start Td5

I have a Discovery Td5 Auto (35,000 Miles)

I have owned this vehicle for about 12 months. It has always been difficult to start (hot or cold) I have to turn the ignition on and wait about 10 seconds before it will start. If I try to start it straight the way it just turns over and over but never fires.Leave the ignition on for 10 seconds and it starts straight away.

Had fuel pump to bits no different Tried Purging fuel system no different Changed fuel filter no different Had it on Test Book at local dealers no different except (£45) lighter

Wondering is it electrical or is it losing pressure

Reply to

You are waiting for the glow plugs to work first.

C C

Reply to
Colonel

Check the sensor on the back of the engine on the top of the bell housing, Had that as well. ECU didn´t know exactly when to inject. Had the same symptoms.

GGG schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40c0d65e$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

Reply to
GGG

GGG Did you replace the sensor or was it just a bad connection. My engine run fine once started just a pain in the arse to keep waiting.

Reply to

One of the 2 cables had a dodgy connection, Cleaned it up and secured the cable.

After that everything was OK.

GGG schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40c180f8 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

Reply to
GGG

Check the pressure from the pump. Should have at least 3.5-4 Bar if less then think about renewing the fuel pump. Or see it the high pressure regulator (on the cylinder head) is leaking which is a common fault. I would also check the engine ECU to see if it contaminated with oil, if yes that could be the answer. Any more questions mail me

snipped-for-privacy@wes-h1234.de remove numbers for valid mail address.

GGG (who works at a LR main dealer)

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40c36218 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

Reply to