2003 TD5 Discovery

  1. different engine management software I believe. I would be amazed if there were any physical differences in the engine - an unnecessary complication to production logistics.
  2. yes - one is an evolution of the other so it is largely inevitable. Late TDi was quite well sorted though IMO. More plastic bodyskirts and so on with the latest model though. Also difflock reintroduced in
2003.
  1. some say late 2004, others say early 2005.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs
  1. Does anyone know why the Auto TD5 Discovery has a higher torque rating of 330 or 340Nm compared to the manual and has it been achieved by a bigger turbo or as somone has suggested by modifying the head?

  1. Is the build quality of the 2003 model better than the TDi and as a result more reliable for off road work?

  2. Does anyone know when the new model Discovery is due for release. I have heard it is presently under trial?
Reply to
Harv

"Harv" wrote

If you can read German, there is a lot of "information" about coming Land Rover products on the Auto Bild site: (Sorry about the long link)

daf0b6575848fd0e3415620eb

regards, Ilkka

Reply to
Ilkka Haapavirta

On or around Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:39:42 GMT, "Ilkka Haapavirta" enlightened us thusly:

try

I commend
to your attention.
is another: