discovery 2 central locking

Hello group this morning we went to get into our MY2000 series 2 discovery, only to find the remote key fobs did not work.so I opened the car with the key. and it started but on the dashboard to the left of the trip recorder there was either an 8 or a B with a line through it, this went off when I opened my door. after about 10 mins driving the error code went off and the central locking is now working. there is a leak around sunroof so don't know if all is connected, didn't even know there was a place to the left of trip mileage recorder where errors could be displayed. have had a look on my rave cd but can't see it.

thanks in advance

Al C

Reply to
Al Clarke

?
Reply to
steve

The 8 or B with a line throught it, if there are diagonal lines through the top and bottom section then that's all the LED segments in that display piece coming on at once, either a sign of a self-test or a fault with the gear driving the LED display. If it's gone now then just cross your fingers ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

one of them things with owning a disco eh? how bout the sunroof leak ccould it be a blocked drain? anybody even saw the place to the left of the trip recorder with an error???????

Al

Reply to
Al Clarke

I think I saw it on mine when the fuse to the main computer had blown and thus it wasn't talking to any of the other computers, including the one in the dash. The car would just flash the LCD display and bong six times,

*nothing* else would work.

I've only taken a short test drive in an auto DII but IIRC there is the gear indicator in that position. Might be full height ie the same as the trip and total displays combined.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes, on mine I have P/R/N/D/1/2/3 :)

Reply to