Discovery 3 TDV6 manual fuel consumption

Hi all,

My much loved Discovery 2 now has over 130K miles on the clock and I am beginning to consider its replacement. The Discovery 3 is an obvious candidate even though it is, to my mind, not as attractive as its predecessors. I am a high mileage driver and fuel consumption is a concern. Land Rover appear to have managed to increase the fuel consumption of the Discovery with each successive model that they have introduced and I am worried that the Discovery 3 may not achieve the 28 / 29 MPG that I am getting from the current car. I know that Land Rover quote 30.1 MPG for the Discovery 3 but I also know that the actual figure achieved can be considerably different - and usually lower! Does anyone have any feel for the actual figures that they are getting from their cars? I am only interested in the manual transmission TDV6, not the automatic.

Many thanks

Patrick Manuel

Reply to
Patrick Manuel

From what I read you could expect a fair amount less in the first instance, but given some miles & time some users see it get to be around the same as you're getting now.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

my 3 is only a month old and it shows on long journeys,, ie the Scottish highlands 27.5 mpg so not so bad

Reply to
Bootneck

Thanks for that. It looks like the D 3 should manage comparable fuel consumption figures with my D 2.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Manuel

I thought I heard (or read) that if one gets the beasty "chipped" (dubious warranty claims I might guess) everything is increased significantly, including up to 4 mpg.

I may have just been having a wet dream though.

:¬)

Reply to
PeTe33