part number for freelander bit

The seal on the rear door handle/rear number plate light on my MY2000 Freelander has started perishing - that's what you get for parking out in the sun all the time!

The bit I'm talking about is not where the plastic handle joins onto the metal door, but the rubber seal that is halfway up the handle.

Would anyone be able to give me an idea of what the part number for it would be, and if there is a cheaper place to purchase it other than my expensive (though friendly) Landy dealer?

Many thanks

ck

Reply to
Charles Kooij

The part number is CXE100230 - but it's marked a being NSP in the book (Not Seperate Part) - i.e. you have to buy a new assembly.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Oh bugger. I had a horrible feeling that would be the case...

As a matter of interest, how much does the whole assembly cost? And is it user-installable? ck

Reply to
Charles Kooij

Sorry about the delay getting back (poxy Peugot engine blew up on the van!)..

CXB102420LDA Rear Door Handle & Number Plate Lamp Assembly £78.72 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

No probs. As a Freelander owner having an engine explode is something I can look forward to as well! :)

Thanks for that, Richard. Looks as if the local (in Brisbane, Australia) Landy dealer is inflating the price just a tad. Basic cost of the part is the equivalent of £100 more expensive, and then you get the cost of labour etc on top of that because they won't sell me the part directly.

I'm going to see how bad it gets, and if needed before I sell the car might get the parental unit to pick one up for me and ship it out here.

Am I correct in assuming from your sig that you can supply parts such as this?

ck

Reply to
Charles Kooij

I certainly can - and I'd think its light enough to make postage viable.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd