FS: Series 2A. SWB 1969.Leics. UK.

Reluctantly I'm going to be selling my 2A.I just dont use it anymore, so cannot justify keeping it taking up driveway space, as well as the annual insurance and MOT/etc costs. Currently it has no MOT or tax(tax exempt).I have all the bits required to get it MOTed - it failed on rotten front spring hangers, and OSR brake(which was impregnated with oil when the diff seal went.) One of the spring hangers has been replaced,I have the other, but just havent had time to replace it.When doing the OS hanger, I also noticed a rust hole above the bump stop which will need plating. AFAIK, the rest of the chassis is sound, though it has been plated in a few places.

2.5l petrol. 3 front seats and seat belt, 1 '2 man' bench seat, and 1 flip up seat in the back.All seats are pretty much new. Carpeted in the front(oh the shame in having carpets!), with the majority of it being headlined as well. Most oil leaks have been sorted, though the gearbox does drip a little. Kenlowe fan. All steering joints, and the swivels were replaced this time last year, and have only done around 500 miles since. All new 8 spoke wheels and tyres - less than 200 miles on these.The spare(bonnet mounted) has also got a new tyre on it. Radio cassette. A pile of spares, some good, some used, but still usable, including all 4 original wheels,most of a gearbox,original steering wheel,lights etc. As it is, with no MOT, I want £800. I intend to make a start on it soon, and when it is MOTed/taxed, I'll be looking for £1200. I havent took any pics of it recently, but if you are interested, then please let me know, and I'll take a few. For any more info, please e-mail me. Thanks alan ( at ) darkroom.plus.com
Reply to
A.Lee

in article SsIuc.9425$ snipped-for-privacy@stones.force.net, A.Lee at alan@darkroom.+.com wrote on 31/5/04 4:46 pm:

Did you ever get to fit the free wheeling hub, or was the odd we had for a different vehicle?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I've never got round to fitting your bits - though I think they are a little different from what I have now. If you want them back I'll drop them round. Ta. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

in article M34vc.9735$ snipped-for-privacy@stones.force.net, A.Lee at alan@darkroom.+.com wrote on 1/6/04 7:37 pm:

No thanks. We put new ones on the Series 3, just before the half shaft broke! They'll only sit around in a box or wrapped up in some oily rag(probably in the kitchen with the LPG tank for the RR)and he'll have every intention of fitting them, but never get round to it.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley