Series 2A

Hey guys, I am looking to get a series 2A for the summer so i can use it for my summer job of transporting lots of building materials, and for weekend breaks

4x4ing throughout the summer.

I am completely in love with everything to do with Land Rovers - and currently own a Discovery mk II which performs well off road - but due to it being so new, and with fully upholstered interior, I dont want to take it as far as it can go.

I would love a series 2a canavs top, 88" diesel. Nothing else matters - I just want it to be able to stay together while I own it. Does anybody know of a good source - or at least the minimum price i would have to pay to get hold of one that I could upkeep with limited resources (but not neglect - I'm up for doing a bit of restoring were that to be the case).

Hope you're all enjoying the summer in your Landys and hope to hear from you soon.

Andrew

Reply to
Series II Fatatic

I've got a tax exempt 109 which is ready for trialling - roll over hoop, mud tyres etc. For sale in South Yorkshire, very solid, 7 months MoT left, tax exempt etc etc etc.

And it will carry more building materials than an 88" :-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

He's right, I have an 88" and they can carry a few bricks and a box of nails... A ford escort has got more loading space for long stuff, like timber, etc..

Go for the 109" But dont take it trialling and expect to get round those tight turns.

Reply to
zoom

Cheers for the feedback - do you reckon I could get a cement mixer in the

88"?

About the 109" - can you email me some more details and a few pictures of the beauty please?

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
Series II Fatatic

If youre after the landy mainly for shifting stuff then a 109 might be better for you. You can get a fair bit of stuff in an 88", but you can get a lot more in a 109. (Not sure about cement mixers - but i can go and measure the loadspace on an 88 for you if you like!!)

This morning i had to move an engine lift, and it took me a fair while to work out how to best get it in the back of my SWB. Last time i moved it, it was in the back of my mates LWB and it was easy. I seem to have been moving a lot of stuf arount recently, and everytime i've felt that it would have been a lot easier if i'd only gone for a LWB instead!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'm just worried about the off-road performance, as the clearance angle is much less on the 109. Also, is the fuel consumption much different between the two?

Could you let me know the measurements of the 88" please - i just think they look superior, as the 109 is a little bit big.

Reply to
Series II Fatatic

At a guess, I would say you can get one of those small petrol or electric mixers in the back. Anything bigger, you will have problems... I can just get my sons motor bike in there ... with the tail gate down. I quite often could really really do with that extra load space of a 109.

Plus a comfy ride too.

Chris

Reply to
zoom