How's that for axle articulation!

Can't remember what it is now, but I know it's been mentioned a few times in hushed tones in this group. The names's on the tip of my fingers but I can't quite remember it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It's a Scammell Explorer 6x6. I've seen pictures of them doing fantastic things with axle articulation. It's mainly due to the front axle being mounted transverse and the rear pair mounted on a walking beam (one up, one down) They're practically unstoppable, even more so than thier predecessor the Pioneer (6x4)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Wed, 03 May 2006 16:29:24 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

I know where there's a Pioneer (I think). Might be a tricky job getting it out, though. I doubt it'd be much hassle to get it running, stuff like that seems just to need a new battery and a bit of percussive maintenance. Last I heard the owner was inside for contravening some waste regulations or other.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 3 May 2006 16:00:22 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

Their sales pages have some reet optimists in 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Scammells are all very well and good , but if you want some proper articulation , not from a pivoting transverse leaf spring, you could do a lot worse than try a Bedford RL ( the old "round cab" type for the uninitiated) These actually twist in use. There is a yahoo group: RSOLES The "R Series Owners Lovers and Enthusiasts Society". You can join the group , discussion is quite lively at present as the Home office are getting rid of all the Green Godesses, which are of course RL based.

Heres a link to a real axle twister

Steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver

Sorry guys it doesnt work, unless you log in to Yahoo.

steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver

Doesn't work unless you're a member of the group, either.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Yep they are the business.

Reply to
Larry

In the nick for contravening waste regs? That must have been some serious contravention - chunky fines are mostly the order of the day and a stern write-up in ENDS.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Wed, 03 May 2006 23:03:00 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

Scrapyard which used to be perfectly legal and now isn't, buggrit. doesn't stop people wanting their scrap taken away for nothing, or prefarbaly the scrap-man to pay for it.

Might be that he's inside for not paying the fines, of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Erm Sorry Guys , in my enthusiasm for Heavies Off roading I got a little carried away..... I'll go and learn about ftp and load some pictures somewhere.

Steve the grease

Reply to
R L driver