Well It's "Done"

heh heh heh After more than a year the Baja is done ,for now. Actually it's been done for about 3 weeks now,and I've just neglected to post anything ;-) Pics of the fresh paintjob:

I don't have any offroading pics, because I always seem to forget the camera, I do have some post-offroading pics though.

pre-paint

I have put nearly 1000 miles on her since it was first put on the road. A couple of 200 mile roundtrips,

And only minor problems to report so far , broken header pipe, steering wheel knocked off-centre A engine that sat in a barn for 15 years, had 5 dead mice in it,and all I did to it was rebuild the carbs, and put new a cap

  • rotor, points and condenser, new plugs and plug wires. This engine actually surprised the person I bought it from,(and yes this was the Type 3 engine that I have pictures on my page) he didn't think it would run very long due to the case studs starting to pull out, However that engine never did pop a head like I thought it would, instead it started leaking LOTS of oil (1qt every 100 miles) SO I pulled it out and put in my spare engine. A unknown rebuild( late as-41 case) 1500 or1600 single-port engine. The engine that came with the Baja donor car to begin with :-P

Well there is still more to come. So stay tuned

Reply to
Ryan Moore

Looks good, Ryan! I'm glad to see you're taking it offroad some, too. Just try to remember to take the camera with you next time. :-) Travis

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:42:52 GMT, "Ryan Moore" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Hey Ryan, I was looking around and saw this picture:

Have you considered taking the front sway bar off? If you are mainly going to be driving the car offroad then maybe you should consider it. I drive my car on and offroad and I took my sway bar off over a year ago. I'm not saying it's the best/safest idea in the world, but honestly I can't tell a difference in the handling of the car on the road. I don't drive very aggresively on the road with my car, so maybe that's why. You could always put it back on if you don't like how the car feels after you remove it. If you *do* pull the sway bar then how about drive back up to that same spot you did in the picture above and get an "after" picture so we could see the difference in the amount of articulation you get? Take it easy.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

I Haven't because it is already off :-) I wouldn't be surprised if the difference , to your Baja is caused by the fact that you have a linkpin beam and I have an adjustable ball joint beam, (which doesn't give me enough lift) that and the 27" tires on the front make it LOOK like the front suspension doesn't travel as far. Then again That's just what I think :-P I 'll take another pic in better light.

Reply to
Ryan Moore

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:05:15 -0400, travis , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

OK, I reckon I don't have much articulation either. :-)

can't tell much from the rear:

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

LOL, looks like its underwear is stuck up its ars* on the rear shot

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:47:34 -0500, "TerryB" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Aw, shucks. I waited until after 6am to do it and it wouldn't have been that loud if the exhaust wasn't still busted. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Yup, I noticed that you had fixed the exhaust............ahhhhh yea! 8~)

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

Reply to
TerryB