Michelin or Pirelli tyres

Hi, i have to renew the tyres of my RRC 91. I heard that Michelin Synchron or Pirelli Scorpion S/T are the best match. I drive almost always on tarmac and seldom on dirtroads, till now never in mud terrain. Advice wanted, which one to choose.

Reply to
J.Muller

"Till now never in mud terrain"? Does this mean that you've never driven in mud terrain but will be, or does it just mean that you never have and probably never will?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Have these on the DII, not overly impressed by the wear rate. Fitted at

42,000 now at 66,000 miles. I doubt I'll get to 30,000 miles before they are down to the wear indicators. Hum 30k isn't bad actually... I wasn't keen on them in snow, not as good as the well worn Goodyear Wranglers previously fitted. I may well try a set of Michelins next, if only because CostCo have them on offer from time to time.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

When I had Peggy (RRC V SE) she was shod with Scorpion STs which I found a bit lack lustre on the farm tracks I replaced them with Nankang ATs ( at the time they were sold as wild conquerors) much better offroad with good manners on road and not much tyre noise

mind you a lot of folk are keen on Goodriches for the same reasons depends on what you intend to do of course.Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:33:33 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

scorp STs are nice in rain and nice on the road but wear fast IME.

another possibility is the Goodyear Eagle GT+4 - had them on one of the discos, they were good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles