OT: LOL!

Out on a ride this morning with some mates & this happened to one of 'em

Nige

Hmmm. The blood doesn't go well with Kawasaki Green, does it?

Seriously, was that a pheasant? If so, the guy must have filled his pants, cos they are *heavy*.

Reply to
Rich B

It was, I came round the bend at 130mph to see a plume of feathers like i have never seen & 1/4 mile further on 3 of the lads pulled in. Fuck me mate, it was a right mess, all the internals where in the air intake & airbox. That is only skeletal & the head.

My mate hit it at 120mph....

Adrenaline is brown.

Reply to
Nige

Hehe, you've just reminded me. I once hit a skylark (I know because I went back and had a look). I was doing about 60 and it hit the front of my helmet, just above the visor. For a thing that weighs a few grams, it gave me a hell of a shock. It was like being hit with a baseball bat.

Reply to
Rich B

Hmm. Time to let the dealer do the next service for once :-)

Reply to
Rich B

One of the lads i was with today got a broken arm from a wood pigeon at

140mph...

BTW, i did a wheelie at 150mph today, what a feeling ;)

Reply to
Nige

Let me guess - not the Rangie then?

Reply to
Rich B

hehehe

Reply to
Nige

So what race circuit was this on then, obviously not on a public road at that speed.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

My XT 350 used to go well till i tried to keep up with a nutter on a BWM tourer from Betws Y Coed to Capel Curig and then over the top to Llanberis. I managed to keep him in sight but the poor bike aint been the same since. The XT was quite a good bike on the road.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Brilliant bikes - I've had two in the past and loved them. Not the fastest, though.

Reply to
Rich B

Well, obviously :-)

Reply to
Rich B

And even Rossi doesn't go round many bends at 130 mph. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

You appear to be a phesant pluckers mate. Messy!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

This is a superb long sweeper, terrific fun, unless you're a pheasant....

Reply to
Nige

Or a child.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Have you considered that your Land Rover (and mine) is much more a menace to children in & around towns & cities, than a fast motorbike ridden fast but well, on a deserted country lane at 7am ffs.

Reply to
Nige

Come off it, travelling at your quoted 130 MPH on a public road at any time of day is not riding well. I am sick and tired of bikers (and other loonies) trying to justify getting there speed kicks on public roads. I am often to be found walking my dogs at 7am and see far too many bikers riding at ludicrous speeds around my home in the Yorkshire Dales. If you want to ride that fast go book a track day, don't endanger my life by doing it on public roads.

Only last week I was witness to a young woman being hit by a car. Okay it was her fault for running across the road into the cars path. Lucky for her the driver was obeying the speed limit, so her injuries were survivable, just. I obey speed limits, so don't try squirming your way out by suggesting my Land Rover is more of a menace than your manic speeding.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

No, I'm just a peasant, mine won't get anywhere near 130. ;-(

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Derek