RR 4.0 AC Question

Hello:

I have a 99 RR 4.0L. The temp setting is on 70F for both sides in AUTO mode. The fans are blowing full blast. I have attempted to switch from AUTO to manual without luck. The testbook is illuminated but that is because I haven't found the time to change out the RHS blend motor.

My previous 91 RR 3.9L had a similar problem, either HI or OFF. I was able to trace the cause to the resistor located under the cowl. Pain in the ass to change out, I opted to upgrade to a sealed unit and forgo those issues again. The 91 is still in the family, I gave it to my sister.

What would cause the fans to blow on HI all the time for the 4.0?

Jack

96 Disco 4.0 - Lucas 99 RR 4.0 - Belle
Reply to
Jack

Perhaps it cannot read the temperature - or the differential between outside and inside is so high it is tryig to cool it - and one of the temp sensors is reading wrong....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee