Saggy P38- diagnosis please?

Well, here's a slightly weird one. '98 4.0L RR is leaking air somewhere. Compressor is running most of the time, presumably to keep the front up- but that's the weird thing. I's the whole front axle that has a problem- not just one side or t'other, as has been the case previously. In fact the drivers' side airbag is relatively new- around 2 years. Pass. side is original. I can't hear any leaks, yet if the car is left for any length of time, say an hour, the front is on the bumpstops, but the back hasn't lowered to match; another weirdness, since the car usually tries to keep itself level. I've sprayed the valve block with soapy water to try and find leaks there to no avail. EAS hasn't faulted yet.

Why would this happen relatively suddenly? To both bags? Any ideas?

Your thoughts ladies & gentlemen?

TIA

Reply to
Natalie Drest

Try the air harness itself they can spring leaks(easily fixed with 8mm inline air connectors)

Check for any blowing from the exhaust, as this can melt the air harness.

Reply to
Mark Dickinson