Symptoms of Worn Bushes.

I ask because I don't know. I mean I know you can get under and lever at various linkages which I intend to do shortly. But what are the symptoms apart from the odd clunk? I also imagine it's increadibley difficult to identify multiple "slack" bushes whilst two or more wheels remain on the ground.

I'm suspecting various worn Bushes on Alfie our Range Rover. Basically at between approx 64 and 70 mph it's getting some vibrations which are best described as creating a helicopter sensation. Being the chap I am I've not taken it over 70 so don't know if it will drive through the vibe.

Other item I suspect is the props.

I've done both front wheel barings recently (no change to rumble) and also replaced tyres and had a balance (again no change to rumble).

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

the wifes saab has some worn front suspension bushes, sypmtoms are a bit of clunking when slow manouvering and vibration between 80 and, erm, a higher speed...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Depends a bit what bushes are worn - usually either clunking or, if they are bushes whose wear allows an axle to "steer", wandery steering. The symptoms you describe do not sound like bushes, but could be either swivel preload or as you suspect one of the prop shafts. JD

Reply to
JD

Have a look at the shocker bushes while you're under there too.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd