Wanted, V8 Turbo conversion.

Why turbo? The general wisdom seems to be supercharging is better for big v's.....

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

My personal opinion is that supercharging is better for all engines, people seem to prefer turbo's though.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

On or around Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:34:32 +0000, MVP enlightened us thusly:

's the concept of "getting something for nothing", though I doubt in fact that this is the case, really; yer don't get anything for nothing.

who knows.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hmm, what, like bits of turbo vane in yer oil :0)

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

Having owned both, I'd say that supercharging is much better from the driving point of view. Turbocharging is theoretically more economical, though my XJR would return 19-20 mpg whilst my 200SX managed only 25-26mpg, despite having half the capacity, only just over half the output, a manual gearbox and rather less weight to drag around.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I've still got the tatty Janspeed pair which will need refurbishing and one new manifold, same offer as before, have a look, have a try and make me an offer, proceeds to charity.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

can you mail me on.....

SimonSNJ "at" hotmail

"dot" com

taa

Reply to
SimonJ

Will do but mine's a valid reply to address.

AJH

Reply to
sylva