IS300 Engine Light

Well guess what gang, the good old check engine light went on in my

2002 IS300. What a bitch. So I have heard a few things. O2 sensor, dirty air filter, unplug the battery for 10 minutes, and even that the gas cap was loose?...

What do I do? Everything seems fine, I checked all fluids they are looking good. What causes this infamous light to ignite?

Talk to me.

Your lexus buddy

Gio

Reply to
gio922

<djmcreynolds1

Gio,

The check engine light is attached to your O2 sensors. If one of them goes bad, the light comes on. It also comes on when the gas cap is loose. If you eliminate the gas cap problem, then you have one of two sensors to replace. Take it to a mechanic with a diagnostic tool. It only takes them a minute to read the code which will tell you which O2 sensor is in need of replacement.

Don't fret. Apparently, Lexus and Toyota vehicles are known to have their O2 sensors go bad ever since OBII was mandated by the EPA. The seem to appear as early mid 60k miles.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

You might want to look at this before you give out bad info:

Nick