Towing with an RX400h

Getting lots of bad feedback from the gang at the RV forum about towing anything with any kind of Lexus. Before I invest the money in the receiver, curious whether others are towing things in the 3000# range and what your experience is.

Reply to
Chris Lamb

Lexus does not build any kind of a sport utility tow vehicle. The LX470 could probably do it, but I don't think it's "tow rated" either. The RX is not even suitable for towing a canoe. Great car, just not for towing anything. Vehicle frame (what little there is) is too light, brakes are also too light-duty for tow-stopping. I realize you only want to pull

3,000 lbs, but the RX is the wrong vehicle for the task.

If you're looking to tow with an SUV, get the Chevy Suburban or Ford Expedition or GMC Yukon. If you want a luxury SUV to tow with consider the Cadillac Escalade. Your Caddy dealer will greet you at the door, grinning from ear to ear and make you a hellouva deal right now.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
New Owner

Reply to
Chris Lamb

Unfortunately, anyone can post their uninformed opinions and make them sound like facts.

A large vehicle will obviously do a better job of towing and stopping a given trailer than a smaller one, but that doesn't mean that the smaller one can't tow.

Reply to
Ray O