95 Mustang GT- 5 speed- towing with an RV

Greetings!

My dad has a 95 stang, 5.0 with the 5 speed and we're at odds regarding the towability behind his RV. He claims that he needs to disconnect the driveshaft, because the output shaft will not turn any of the gears to lubricate it. I towed a 63 Dart from AZ to Sacramento on a dolly with no problems. Anyone have additional details or input on this?

TIA,

Steve in NW AZ

Reply to
Steve in AZ

Talk to the service department of your dealer. Some cars can safely be towed without removing the drive shaft, others can't be.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

that must is not one of them. he does have to remove the drive shaft to safely tow it. KB

Reply to
Kevin

BTW, most service dept have NO idea what flat towing even is

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Thanks all for the input!!!!

Steve