205GTI creaking steering

My 1.6 205gti (not power steer) has been stood in my garage for a couple of years, undriven.

Recently I've noticed the steering creaks quite markedly. I'm assuming one of the joints in the column has "dried out". Anyone confirm if I'm on the right track?

I suppose it could be the rotating bearing at the top of one of the struts too?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Acedrew