Installing TomTom ONE in Mondeo

Has anyone installed the TomTom ONE in a Ford Mondeo Mk2, to the right of the central vent

? The supplied clip fits in there nicely and just requires the TT ONE to slide in/out with ease but I just need someway of attaching the clip to the dash - any ideas?

Reply to
ScoobyDoo

What 'supplied clip' are you referring to?

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Mine only came with the bracket that attaches it to the supplied windscreen mount.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

It happens that ScoobyDoo formulated :

I don't know if this might fit the bill...

I have my phone on a drop in/on magnetic holder - phone with a ready made piece of shaped steel stuck to its back. To fix the holder to the car, I stick it with that heavy duty double sided tape to a piece of wood shaped to fit a recess in the dash - wood fitted with double sided tape to make it firm in the recess. The piece of wood once in place has an inclined face, so that the phone faces straight towards me.

You could fit a similar piece of wood in that small pocket to the right of the vents, which would give you a flat face into which you could use screws or similar to fix the Satnav.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I fitted my Nokia phone holder into this tray. I took the upper dash out, Araldited a square of wood to the back of the tray, and then screwed the holder into place with self-tapping screws. There are no wires or pipes behind the tray, btw.

Stephen Leak.

Reply to
steve_leak

I use one of these to mount my MDA compact in a vent

£15, no screws required.
Reply to
.

Wrong choice of phrase - I meant the final piece that is attached to the opposite end of the windscreen suction cup. You can see a pic of it here

next to the title "Supplied with the TomTom One" - its just below the windscreen mount. Ideally, I just want to attach that to something in the spare vent and just drop the TT ONE when in use, how can I do that?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Brodit solution looks very ugly and cumberome. And what about actually using the vent for heating purposes, won't that effect the TomTom if its nearby?

Reply to
ScoobyDoo

Thanks Harry, that could be just what I'm after. I'm not a DIY person hence was looking for something that would fit in snugly into the recess. Failing that I could ask a mate to create something.

Do you have a picture of your setup, would be very interested in seeing how it looks?

Thanks

Reply to
ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo presented the following explanation :

No, sorry. As said it is just a simple block of wood cut down to an interferance fit. I made a paper template first, to get the correct fit. Then just added the tape to ensure it would not move in use.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I think mine is mainly for fresh air. Tontom should be able to stand direct sunlight through window.

Stephen Leak.

Reply to
steve_leak

might work for you.

Reply to
Steve

Don't Tom-Tom do a Car Vent Mount that attaches to the supplied mount?

Reply to
Paul

Just checked and unfortunately its part of a 29 euro kit.

Paul