mondeo rear anti roll bar bushes..

Hello,

Started to get a clunk from the rear of my 1993 mondeo, seems this might be the anti roll bar bushes.. but which ones? If I understand correctly there are three pairs? One pair that are on the anti-roll bar itself mounting it to the chassis/body and two pairs at either end of the shackle? Is this correct and which ones are likely to have worn?

Thanks.

Reply to
Well_i_Wonder

In message , Well_i_Wonder writes

All of them. Luckily they are fairly cheap and fairly easy to replace.

The only thing you should be aware of is that some anti-roll bars are

16mm diameter and some are 18mm. You need to measure the thickness of your bar and order the appropriate sized bushes. They are only a couple of quid each. You can use a metric open ended spanner (16 0r 18mm) to measure the bar if you don't have any proper kit to measure it with.
Reply to
Paul Giverin

Thanks Paul, am I right in thinking it's most likely to be 16mm on a petrol?

Reply to
Well_i_Wonder

In message , Well_i_Wonder writes

I couldn't say for certain. The last set I replaced were on a TD and they were 18mm. My own 2.0l petrol is in my garage at the moment so I can't get underneath to check. I'll do it tomorrow if I remember.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yes, indeed you are right. 16mm on Petrol models, 18mm on Diesel.

Regards

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dempster

Hmm,

I can't get to the car until the weekend so I rang the Ford dealership just to make sure they had them in stock and they said for a 1993 1.8 petrol it's an 18mm diameter?! Oh well I'll measure it at the weekend and find out..

Thanks for your help.

WiW.

Reply to
Well_i_Wonder