Rover 75 Light Bulbs

Hi I read in a magazine the other day that if a light bulb blows on a Rover 75 it has to be taken to a Main Dealer to be replaced at a quoted cost of £30 per bulb

Apparently this applies to ANY bulb, headlamp, indicator, stop/tail even to a number plate bulb and is a result of the "bulb failure warning" gadget.

Can anyone confirm that this is true, as I simply cant belive it. If so has anyone had experience of this?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Reply to
MHarris305

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me. Bulb failure warning systems have been around for donkeys years, and as far as I know don't need any special type of bulbs. I'd guess that they determine whether or not a bulb is blown via some sort of simple continuity test, or some form of ammeter or ohm-meter.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I used to get mine from Halfrauds if away from home, or from a local motor factor if near home. Never had a problem.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'd say this would make the car illegal in many countries, given that you must carry spare bulbs.

And that it's bollocks. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Heh! I'd quite like to see the magazine named and shamed.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Half reminds me of the cavalier attitude exhibited by a mate of mine recently. On his 1999 Land Rover Discovery I told him that his n/s tail light was out, "probably the bulb".

His answer was.. Blank look for a few seconds, then "thanks for telling me - it's alright, it's going in for a service in a few weeks"

I don't know why we bother.

Reply to
DocDelete