Rover 827SLi PGM Fi Light

The PGM Fi is causing the box under the drivers side to blink code 4 (The crank cyl sensor). The light on the dashboard (pgm fi) also shows. I have measured the resistance of this device and get 1000 ohms. However the dashboard light (pgm fi) is ON and then OFF and then ON then OFF depending on, it seems, the day of the week. Anyone know what to do?.or what the problem is?

Many Thanks

Reply to
sj_der

Did you you do a reset to clear the stored fault codes and the did the fault code then reapear ? Fault codes are often spurious and generally you can't check a crank angle sensor by measuring the ressistance, and in any case I don't know what the nomminal CAS ressistance for the Honda V6. CAS faults are usually indicated by erratic starting or the engine frequently cutting out at idle, so if the car is starting and idling OK just clear the fault codes and check and clean all the ECU connections and eaeths.

Reply to
AWM

Many thanks

I reset by disconecting the battery for a second. Then the code goes off. Then depending on what day of the week it is or how the car is FEELING the (pgm fi) light stays off for perhaps a whole day. Then the revs suddenly drop for an instant and we are back to square one again.

Big circle ! Where are the earth conectors ? and what is CAS ? Thanks for an anticipated reply. These newsgroups R quite helpfull!!

I had trouble with the ABS once & cured it. If U want further info just ask.

Steve

Reply to
sj_der