Light bulb in key

Can anyone help me source a light bulb for the key to my car? It's a tiny bulb, I would say 10mm long by 5 mm wide. Stamped on the metal is 0.9w-a.

I've tried on the internet, no joy, I also tried Halfords and their spare bulb guide but the key bulb is not listed.

Not a major problem I know, but if I can sort it I'm going to!

Mark

Reply to
Krycek

Have you tried Maplins? They're often very good for little bulbs, and that sort of thing.

Reply to
DB.

What make car is it? Have you tried a dealer?

Alan

Reply to
Alan

I'd suggest that in a keyfob it probably has a 3V battery (CR2032?) so a Maplin JX48C 3V 300mA mini bulb would be 0.9W, and tiny.

You don't say what voltage the battery in the key gives off, or whether the bulb has wires direct to it or is more of a conventional shape. Either way, have a look at:

"Home&Car --> Bulbs --> Small Bulbs & Lamps" on maplin.co.uk.

The really small ones are at the bottom.

Reply to
PC Paul

I'll try the locksmiths, never thought of that, seems odd! Thanks for your time, I'll eat more carrots :)

Reply to
Krycek

If anyone is following this, the bulb can be bought from Ford dealers.

6875396 - Bulb - £2.10 + vat
Reply to
Krycek

Ah, but what do they charge for fitting?

;-)

Glad you found one in the end.

Reply to
PC Paul