Rover Metro suspension won't stay up

Hi, I own a Rover 114sli (P-reg) and am having some problems with the suspension. The drivers side - front and rear are currently sitting on their bump stops.

I have had the system re-pressurised and it stayed up for a couple of weeks, then when I came back to it it was on the bump stops again.

I know that the system in interconnected front and rear, so I just need to locate the leak.

The garage which repressurised the system couldn't locate a leak at the time. Is there a known leaking point, or is it possible that one or both of the hydragas displacers need replacing.

Incidentally the first time this happened it happened suddenly sitting in a traffic jam on the M1 - I pulled off the road and noticed some dripping at from underneath the car at the rear (on the drivers - could this be fluid?

Any plan of action? Should I replace the rear displacer? I assume as the car is sittng on the bump stops I don't need to depressurise the system.

Any advice gratefully received. Matt

Reply to
n6044811

Same as before, look for the leak, which is most commonly a pipe.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

stem.

Yes, read my reply to your previous version of this post. You posted that on Tues of this week.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton